Indianapolis Hardcore
Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - Printable Version

+- Indianapolis Hardcore (https://indianapolishc.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://indianapolishc.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ian's Sports Forum (https://indianapolishc.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - heartsfail - 12-16-2019

Indy Eleven of course.

RE: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - mistersteak - 12-17-2019

The Pacers are fun. IndyHC nosebleed seats outing for early 2020?

RE: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - Chris - 12-17-2019

I like going to Fuel games too.

RE: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - ian - 12-17-2019

Totally down for a Pacers game.

RE: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - ian - 12-17-2019

Minor league baseball is by far the punkest of American sports: the performers don’t get paid shit; they drive from city to city in run down vans and busses; games are super cheap and you’re super close to the action; and when one of these players makes it to the MLB you can say that you liked them before they were cool. Also, a summer day at the Vic is a damn near perfect day. So I go Indians all the way.

RE: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - metalXmike - 12-17-2019

(12-16-2019, 11:32 PM)heartsfail Wrote: Indy Eleven of course.
Does anyone know if you can get Indy Eleven gear at like Target/Meijer etc.?  I'm coming back next week and would like to parade that gear in NY.

RE: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - mistersteak - 12-18-2019

(12-17-2019, 02:18 PM)ian Wrote: Minor league baseball is by far the punkest of American sports: the performers don’t get paid shit; they drive from city to city in run down vans and busses; games are super cheap and you’re super close to the action; and when one of these players makes it to the MLB you can say that you liked them before they were cool. Also, a summer day at the Vic is a damn near perfect day. So I go Indians all the way.

Good call. They're also backed by Bernie Sanders at the moment, which is kind of wild. I've watched so many great players that the Pirates have squandered - Andrew McCutchen, Gerrit Cole, Starling Marte, on and on.

Though I will say the box seats keep creeping up in price and a can of Sun King is quickly encroaching on the $10 mark. It's still a fantastic environment to see a game, even if I go less frequently than I did when I lived downtown and the games were cheaper.

RE: Best Indianapolis Sports Team? - MethadoneCynic - 01-14-2020

The Indians/Vic experience alone could make the argument of reigning supreme here.  Great ballpark, good atmosphere, Rowdie, hardly a bad seat in the building. It’s a good fun night out even if you’re not a baseball/sports fan.

I’ll be honest, the Indy Eleven game I went to at Carroll was awesome.  Granted, I got suite tickets through my work but I would have gladly sat in the stands and had an equally good time.  The game I went to at Lucas Oil... no thank you.  It’s not a good atmosphere.  I went to the Inter Milan - Chelsea exhibition there for my birthday and it was really fun and had a much better atmosphere but that’s because it filled out, comparatively speaking.  I knew when they said they were going to start playing in Lucas Oil it’d be like that but actually experiencing it was a bit of a let down.

I still have yet to go to a Colts regular season game but it seems to be greatly appreciated by all that have.

Fuel games are absolutely legit.  Perfect size for their draw and they have a lot of event nights that are fun.  A co-worker and my daughter went one game and we all three had a blast.  Although the mascot blimp scared my daughter a little bit haha.  No bad seat in the building and full paced hockey.  The Ice being a scholarship earning type team got boring really fast but the Fuel games bring back the fun IHL feeling of when the Ice were the Indianapolis Ice.  Don’t know if the Ship has sponsered a night yet but that should probably be a thing if not.

My votes for the Pacers though.  I love basketball.  Had season tickets for a couple years until I went back to working night shift.  I’ve traveled to see the Pacers in Atlanta, Miami, Detroit and Milwaukee and it’s a bucket list to do it for every NBA city.  Atlanta was the closest to being as good as BLF or better.  The issue was the Philips Arena was specifically built to hold events, not basketball.  The Fieldhouse’s design is specifically for basketball.  There is no bad seat.  Boomer is the best mascot of all time (imo).  I just miss Michael Grady as the PA guy.  He was such a perfect voice inside that arena.  Plus, Boyle and Slick are the best play by play guys.