Indianapolis Hardcore
So....what has everyone been up to? - Printable Version

+- Indianapolis Hardcore (https://indianapolishc.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://indianapolishc.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Circle Pit (https://indianapolishc.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: So....what has everyone been up to? (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

So....what has everyone been up to? - heartsfail - 12-16-2019

In this thread, you update us on what has been going on with your life since the last version of the board.

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - Rev_Dan - 12-16-2019

(12-16-2019, 01:13 AM)heartsfail Wrote: In this thread, you update us on what has been going on with your life since the last version of the board.

How many damn years has it been?? Jesus. Glad to be back....

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - heartsfail - 12-16-2019

I guess I will start: I can't believe it has been almost ten years. I closed the label and obviously The Dream is Dead wrapped up after Jared passed away. I went to law school and opened my own practice focused on creatives. I am also still working in IT as a CTO of a city. I haven't been to a good show in forever. NOT because good shows aren't happening but more of a combination of not really hearing about them because Facebook's algorithm sucks for that and just being on a different sleep schedule now where I am in bed by eleven most nights. I am still living on the east side (for life) and I have a super secret project in the works that I am dying to share but can't make it public yet. I also keep trying to convince myself to do a record label again but I think I would end up having a nervous breakdown if I did that. Not playing in any bands, not really looking to, but would consider coming out of retirement for the right combination of rippers and/or a Negative Approach Halloween cover band. Smile

(12-16-2019, 01:44 AM)Rev_Dan Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 01:13 AM)heartsfail Wrote: In this thread, you update us on what has been going on with your life since the last version of the board.

How many damn years has it been?? Jesus. Glad to be back....

I think it has been over ten....trying not to think about it so I don't age fifty years in ten seconds like the dude who drinks from the wrong Holy Grail in last crusade.

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - Jackiep - 12-16-2019

Yay! This is exciting. Looking forward to seeing shows posted somewhere other than Facebook. It's been more than 10 years for sure. In that time I got my graduate and undergraduate degrees in Social Work, worked with adolescents and their families as a therapist. Then I had 2 daughters, and now I stay at home to care for them and bar tend at J. Clyde's pub. I'm desperate to go to more shows, but I'm kind of on lock down since my dude also works nights right now and baby sitters are expensive. Cheers!

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - Somedumbredhead - 12-16-2019

My kiddo is now a 19 years old, I’m a small business owner, madly in love with the best man, and I no longer work at fucking Bazbeaux! I’m going to see White Reaper on Friday night, and you all should too.

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - Jim:Fix - 12-16-2019

Fuck. Man. Since roughly when I think the board died I have:
- had a kid
- started / finished grad school
- had another kid
- lost two dogs. Got a new dog.
- moved (not far, from little flower to irv)
- work for the city doing a laundry list of business related sellout shit that I really love.
- board chair for the second year for Musical Family Tree (which is still woefully short on hxc stuff so hmu.
- still doing Maravich
- looking to do another thing this year that's closer to teenage fanclub and GBV... but we'll see.

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - HoustonProblem - 12-16-2019

Degree...marriageee ...babies. So many freaking babies. Some drama, lots of sporting events. A little travel. And two cute dogs.

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - mistersteak - 12-16-2019

I’m still a librarian, still a rocker (Cocaine Wolves put a new record out this year that no one cares about so it’s basically like time hasn’t elapsed), still married/childless, but I guess now I give a fuck about working out/living better and I own a pair of Air Jordans. So, not exactly fighting the good fight or changing the world for the better, but at least adding some derivative riffs and getting school kids copies of Dog Man and the olds some large print. And looking good as hell.

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - austin.david.reedy - 12-16-2019

Moved to TX, married, kiddo, editing movies and tv instead of working at Upland. Traded Angelville for 2 shows a year with a band that has songs about poop. 

Most likely never going back to IN but the music is still better there than anywhere else, so post your links so I can forget I live in a city filled with SRV Cover Bands.

RE: So....what has everyone been up to? - Oldmanavery - 12-16-2019

Got old AF. Got fat AF, lost weight, got fat again, lost more weight, now I'm fat again. Had 2 kids (one is 4 and one is 12 now). Joined the electrical union in the telecom division, and now do mostly AV/access control/surveillance.